Routine is one of the foundations of your daily life. Habits (the things you repeatedly do with little or no variation) can become a mindless way of moving through life. You’re not a robot, are you?
Then a moment of insight leads you to the realization you no longer find value in what you’ve always done. You decide you want a new way to do things with better results.
What better means is up to you. Once you decide what it is then you must take new action to start a new habit to create change. Waiting, procrastinating only keeps things the same.
Here are some steps to give you a framework for getting things moving.
1. DECIDE you must start the new behavior.
2. SCHEDULE it so nothing else can get in the way
3. You don’t need to FEEL like doing it every day in order to do it.
4. RECORD your progress to remind you you’re moving forward.
5. ACKNOWLEDGE your effort as well as your wins. Showing up every day is 90% of the process.
These steps can make your efforts more deliberate and purposeful. Recording your results is a daily reminder you’re moving forward in life.
A mind that makes progress is aware of the change it can create in the world.