I’m just not motivated enough?
I’ve lost my motivation?
What the hell is motivation anyway?
One definition of motivation refers to factors that activate, direct, and sustain goal-directed behavior.
Motivation is a drive to act in a focused way until you achieve a desired result.
- Avoid hitting a pedestrian.
- To make a specific amount of money each month.
- To win the attention of a certain someone.
- To change your feelings from helpless to hero.
But before you can act you must first believe that YOUR actions can influence the outcome you want.
It begins with the realization or decision that NOT having what you want is so unacceptable that the mere idea of not taking action is unacceptable to you.
Next, you must believe that your present situation CAN change, that YOU can change it and that you MUST change it.
With those beliefs in place, your next step is to take your first, focused, goal-directed action. Then keep doing it until you get what you want.
But what do you do when you, “Just aren’t motivated enough” or “Have lost your motivation?”
Neither of those problems really exist. What they mean is, you don’t believe things MUST change. Your current situation isn’t uncomfortable enough for you to act.
Secondly, a loss of motivation is the result of a shitty feedback loop. You’ve lost touch with the belief that you CAN change it. Likely because you’re beginning to lose patience, become discouraged and have allowed doubt to set in.
How do you get your motivation mojo back?
Review your motivation recipe to see what’s out of place:
- Do I know (clearly) what I want?
- Have I decided my present situation is unacceptable, MUST change and that what I want is the remedy?
- Do I believe my present situation CAN change, that I can change it, that I MUST change it?
- Have I chosen my first action?
- Upon taking my first action, what results did I get?
- What did I learn to ensure my next action will move me forward, etc, etc.
- Do I have an accountability partner to help me remain focused and prevent me from giving in to doubt? Have I utilized this person?
Pretty straightforward huh? Pretty basic, right? Right, because you have to start somewhere, get the ball rolling.
Begin with this, ask me questions. Tomorrow will keep moving forward.
Thanks for being you,
P.S. I’ll be adding this series of articles and videos (from Facebook) to the FREE section of http://ResilienceWarriors.solutions for your convenience. It will save you a lot of time when reviewing this information.