Yesterday was one of those days when things just weren’t working. Watch to learn what I did to turn things around.
- I spent time feeling sorry for myself. My self-talk included, “I can’t do anything right today.”
- I’d planned to go swimming but began sabotaging myself, “No, I’ll do it a different day.” Until I checked my schedule and realized I had appointments that conflicted with the other open swim times.
- I made the decision to go swimming even though I felt lousy.
- While moving through the water I found myself in a more focused, relaxed state.
- I felt my physical limitations fade away in the water.
- Swimming became as much a mindset boost as a physical one.
- Where is your place of calm and focus? Is it walking in nature, reading, participating in a hobby. For me, lately, it’s being in the water.
- You need an activity that allows you to feel completely connected with yourself. It’s a powerful form of mind, body and spirit self-care.
- Lastly I share a conversation with a child that occurred as I was getting ready to leave.